What is Smoking-Facts.net about?
This site is a resource for interesting Smoking Facts
that you might not know about, including some eye-popping smoking statistics compiled from reliable sources such as the EPA , The American Lung Association and from previous Surgeon Generals. Discover what can happen when a pregnant woman smokes or how second hand smoke can effect a nonsmoker and many other smoking facts.
Some Quick Smoking Facts
- Cigarette smoking has been identified as the most important source of preventable morbidity and premature mortality in the United States and the world.
- Smoking-related diseases cause an estimated 440,000 American deaths each year.
- Smoking costs the United States over $150 billion annually in health care costs.
- A 2004 Study by the CDC's National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion found that cigarette smoke contains over 4,800 chemicals, 69 of which are known to cause cancer.
- Women account for 39 percent of all smoking deaths.
Smoking Facts Table of Content
Teen Smoking Facts
Learn the Facts About Teen Smoking and those who smoke during their adolescence years.
Seldom Known History in Smoking
Columbus Discovered The New World, but did you know he also took credit for introducing Europeans to smoke? Learn more about Smoking through out history in the History Smoking.
Pregnancy Smoking Facts
The disturbing statistics and and facts on Pregnancy smoking.
Facts About Smoking With Cigars.
Second Hand Smoking Facts
See How Second Hand Smoking Can Effect A Non-Smoker.
What is Bidis?
Bidis is similar to cigarettes and are popular with high school kids. Find out more about them.
Real Quotes From Tobacco Companies
Straight From the Horse's mouth. Real Quotes of what tobacco companies think of their product.
John Quincy Adams on Smoking
What The sixth president of the United States said after he had quit smoking.
More Smoking Facts
Some additional smoking facts you might not know about.
What Happens When You Smoke
How the body reacts when you take that first puff.
Symptoms From Quitting smoking
Common Symptoms of those who try to quit smoking
Benefits From quitting Smoking
The Health benefits from quitting smoking. Some of the benefits can happen very fast.
Other Benefits From Quitting Smoking
Other good benefits that can happen after quiting smoking.
Additional places to learn more about smoking and get help
Extra Smoking Facts
These are real smoking facts researched from different places.